Friday, July 20, 2012

Recipes to Try

Seven-Layer Dips, strategically placed around my cactus.
A few weeks ago I was on the hunt for new recipes and found two that I tried and are worth sharing. The first is an appetizer that I served for the 4th of July, Individual Seven-Layer Dips. Basically, it is a taco scoop but I liked the ingredients together and also enjoyed that everyone got their own serving rather than sharing from a big pan. If you make this one, I would recommend getting more guacamole, refried beans, and sour cream than stated, especially if you want to make more than 8. And of course, more chips are necessary!

The second recipe I will most definitely be using again is the Creamy Avocado Chicken Salad. In fact, I made it two days in a row I liked it so much! The recipe instructs you to eat the salad over an avocado, which I did the first day, but the second day I opted for a sun-dried tomato wrap and mixed a cut-up avocado with the rest of the ingredients. Another idea is to scoop up extra salad with blue corn chips. This meal was delicious all three ways, is fantastic for summer, and is easy enough for me to want to make it again real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment