Tuesday, July 10, 2012

DIY - Visit Merrick's Art

My tote.
Last week I made a tote at a local store called Crafty Goodness. The shop sells locally made items (I bought a cool Ohio magnet) and also offers classes for all ages. I have never done anything like it before and really enjoyed learning the basics of sewing. That was a surprise to me. While I have watched multiple seasons of Project Runway and Project Catwalk (UK version of Runway) and marveled over the contestants' abilities to produce such beautiful or sometimes hideous clothing, I have never seriously thought about actually making my own. But wouldn't it be thrilling to say "I made this pencil skirt" and have it fit me perfectly? Or, rather than buying a new shirt, why not reuse an old one and make it better? Now that I am interested in trying simple projects, Pinterest users unknowingly gave me an easy way to ease into this sewing thing by posting Merrick's Art. Merrick's blog includes ways to refashion old clothes, simple sewing tutorials, outfit ideas, and links to other blogs. Take a look and maybe you will be inspired, too! Now, I need a sewing machine...

No comments:

Post a Comment