Tuesday, August 9, 2011

An Organized Space is a Happy Space

Color coding your closet makes items easier to find.
Most people could use a little help with organization. You may think you have no time to organize but if you set aside time for a major organization and then stick with it by placing items in the correct spots or cleaning up as you should, you actually save time and feel less stressed. If you really need to reorganize your entire house or apartment, one area at a time is the best way to go to avoid that overwhelmed feeling.

I happen to be a huge fan of organizing and planning. If my items are stored or displayed properly and are easy to find, not only does my place look better but I feel I can continue on my way while embracing a calm mindset. With that said, it should be obvious that an article titled "10 Habits of Highly Organized People" would catch my attention. This is from CNN Living via Oprah.com. It's a quick read and could provide a quick fix in your life. The Container Store is a great place but unfortunately is not in the Cleveland area. Online shopping is always an option but if you travel south to Easton Town Center in Columbus, stopping in to check out the store is worth your time. In the meantime, here is a link to their Expert Tips and Ideas section where they cover all areas of the home!

How do you organize? If you have a great tip, feel free to comment below! Here are some of my ideas: 
Recently, I purchased a scarf hanger from The Container Store. I was tired of my scarfs smelling of plastic from the drawer cart they were in and had enough of the wrinkles from folding. If you have a lot of scarves, or even a few, I would highly recommend this product!
This is a great organizer for tights, knee highs, and nylons!
I have yet to find a great way to organize belts. But right now, rolling or folding them in this drawer is working out well.
As the article stated, have a place to drop off items when you come in the door. This is our spot.
My mom always had a basket under her sink of bath soaps. Since I have little storage space in the apartment, I put extras in the basket too. They are out of the way and out of sight (if the cabinet is closed) but still easily accessible.
Make-up drawers are easiest to use when separated into different sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment