Thursday, June 2, 2011

Viking 4 Life

I am a proud two-time graduate of Cleveland State University and am also proud to hear and speak of the extensive and wonderful improvements happening around campus. The article, "New neighborhood to rise on Cleveland State University campus" by Karen Farkas of The Plain Dealer reveals the plan to create a residential and retail area on campus that is not necessarily meant for undergraduate Vikings, but for faculty, graduate students, and young professionals. It's about time Clevelanders reap the benefits of some more downtown stores (even if it is only a few) as well as more residential space away from East 4th and West 6th. If I didn't work in the suburbs and if I wasn't building a new home, I would LOVE to be one of the young professionals living in the heart of Cleveland.

For years I have said that CSU is one of Cleveland's greatest assets and I know I am not alone in that thought. It is delightful to see the new dorms, fresh parking garages, and state-of-the-art buildings which are only making more people eager to become Vikings! And if they aren't becoming Vikings, they should at least take notice of the possibilities the college provides for economic improvement and sustainability. I tip my hat to Cleveland State!

No comments:

Post a Comment