Saturday, April 9, 2011

The more you shop, the longer you live?!?


My curiosity was piqued while driving to work on Friday and I thought I must find out more and then share! The more you shop, the longer you live? That's what was reported; but as always with media, there is definitely more to the story. And although my love for shopping along with my excessive shopping habits are yet to be completely supported by science as necessary acts in life, the results are still somewhat intriguing.

According to a 10-year study published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, shopping every day may increase the life expectancy in people over 65. It could have to do with the feeling of community one experiences when visiting a local store or the exercise involved. The results could also reveal what I already know to be true (and hopefully so does everyone else) - those who shop more have more money to spend. Those who have more money to spend have more access to better qualities of different foods. Therefore, they have healthier diets which leads them on the path to healthy lifestyles.
Not exactly what I was looking for, but I will keep it in mind when I turn 65. Or maybe I can just apply the research to 25 and over...

Read for yourself: Link to article

No comments:

Post a Comment